Ready to help you with your research
Secure your research
We self-manage our network as well as the physical and virtual servers belonging to our research groups in order to provide a flexible and scalable environment for any research need.
The /rdlab servers and services are located in Barcelona, at the main UPC datacenter facilities (Omega building). A 250m2 TIER II+ ANSI/TIA-942 certified space, with a dual cooling system, redundant power generator and a 24x7 monitoring service provided by UPCnet.
Our services rely, proudly, in free software initiatives :
- Lustre high performance parallel filesystem for the storage service.
- Slurm queue manager for our High Performance Computing system.
- OpenNebula platform to manage our Cloud environment.
- NextCloud for our MyDisk Service.
- Jitsi for our WebConference service.
And we provide a redundant 10Gbit network connection to the university network backbone.